So I am a creature of habit. And I like simple. I’ve had a couple of people ask after my meal plans, so here it is! This is my bulking plan, refined by myself after talking to several nutritionists, trainers and a sneaky session with some people at the Australian Institute of Sport a while back. It assumes I go to the gym after work. On days I row early morning, I switch dinner and lunch, move the protein powder to breakfast and eat more cereal than gym days. If I want to cut, rather than bulk, I mainly pull back on the carbs and then scale back everything slightly.
Nutrition is a lot of refining things to make them work for yourself, though. I have added, subtracted and tweaked from this over time to see what works. It is my plan, and therefore works for me with my training load, height, weight, activity levels. Etc. Please don’t think that if you pick it up and follow it religiously it will work for you! We are all different, but it might help you structure your own plan.
Now I also don't claim to be the expert on this. This is just the result of a regular guy's attempt to understand the food he eats a little better.
Breakfast:
1-2 Cups Cereal (100-150g), Banana or other piece of fruit, Calcium Enriched Soy Milk (workout days)
OR
2-3 poached eggs, 2x rye toast with margarine, spinach/tomato (rest day)
Snack:
20 unsalted nuts
175 g soy yoghurt
Lunch:
200g lean meat (raw weight)
Mixed Salad
½ cup lentils/beans (eg red kidney beans/chick peas)
Snack:
20 unsalted nuts
250g low fat Cottage cheese or 150g of Lean Meat or 2x95g tins of low fat tuna
100g Berries
Post Weights:a
1 scoop protein powder (40g p, 60g c)
Dinner:
300g lean meat (raw weight) (70g p)
100g pasta or rice or noodles (raw weight) (74g c)
200g mixed vegetables
Sauces
Totals: ~3170 calories, 245 protein, 400g carbs
No comments:
Post a Comment